HI-TECH team member
Reged: Jan 05 2007
Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Denser Code Better Performance
We are very pleased to announce the Public release of our new ANSI C Compiler, with Omniscient Code Generation(TM), supporting the PIC10/12/16 MCU family. It achieves nearly 2X the code density and 38% better RAM usage than IAR’s compiler for PIC16/17, and 30% better code density with 80% better RAM utilization than CCS’ PCM C without using any C-extensions or assembly code. By optimizing interrupt-related contexts, the OCG technology in this new compiler reduces interrupt latency by 40% to 60%
We are also very grateful for all the support we have received from the many testers who, over the past 6 months, participated in our beta program.
HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC10/12/16 MCU Family with OCG:
- Automatically handles memory banking without requiring special qualifiers;
- Optimizes the size of each pointer variable in your code based on its usage;
- Eliminates the need for many non-standard C qualifiers and compiler options;
- Produces more optimal interrupt context switching code;
- Customizes the functionality of the included printf library function;
- Automatically analyzes user assembly and object code files.
- integrates into the MPLAB® IDE, MPLAB ICD2;
- integrates HI-TECH Software's IDE, HI-TIDE™ 3;
- includes Library source - for standard libraries and sample code for I/O drivers;
- includes macro assembler, linker, preprocessor, and one-step driver; and
- runs on multiple platforms including Windows (including 64-bit Vista), Linux and Mac OS X.
The release notes detail the new enhancements, changes, fixes and limitations of this release. Please read the Release Notes before using this product.
Migration Guide from STD to PRO
Particular details can be found here.
- Special Offers to existing owners of HI-TECH C compilers supporting PICmicro MCU and DSCs will receive a direct email.
- Save US$300.00: Normally US$1,495.00 your special price is US$1,195.00. Offer expires April 30, 2008.
45 Day Evaluation Version Available Now
Special Limited Time Introductory Offer: Consider our PICC Enterprise Edition and save US$300.00. Offer expires 30 April, 2008
- Normally US$3,495.00 your special price is US$3,195.00!
You may need a compiler package supporting ALL of Microchip's PICmicro families, then our PICC Enterprise Edition is for you, it CURRENTLY bundles:
- HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC10/12/16 MCU Family.
- PICC-18™; PRO; and
- HI-TECH for dsPIC®/PIC24.
PICC Enterprise Edition will soon include our HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC32 MCU Family and the package will then cost US $4,995.00.
So buy the current Edition of PICC Enterprise before 30 April, 2008 and you will receive the HI-TECH C PRO for the PIC32 MCU Family FREE of charge.
- Ordering information for this time limited offer can be obtained here or by contacting email@example.com.
Act now you can SAVE thousands of dollars later.
With kindest regards,
PICmicro and dsPIC are registered trademarks of Microchip Technology Inc.
PICC and PICC-18 are licensed exclusively to HI-TECH Software by Microchip Technology Inc.
HI-TECH C is a registered trademark of HI-TECH Software. Omniscient Code Generation is a trademark of HI-TECH Software.
Edited by ndouglas (Thu May 29 2008 02:48 PM)