PICmicro & dsPIC >> Source Share for PICmicro & dsPIC

Pages: 1
luckyAdministrator
Microchip staff

Reged: Oct 06 2003
Loc: Brisbane, Australia
Microchip FS USB project on HI-TECH, RS232 HID and Generic
      #74802 - Thu Sep 25 2008 07:10 AM

Please read Bill Grimm's post for details.

As mentioned in Bill's post, his project files were compressed twice in order to get them small enough for the forum to accept it as an attachment. To save everyone the extra step, I have repackaged it as a single ZIP which can be download here:

Download: Microchip FS USB project

If there are updates/changes made, please contact us (support@htsoft.com) and we'll upload it for you.

--------------------
Matt Luckman

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
DeonZA
stranger

Reged: Jan 23 2009
Re: Microchip FS USB project on HI-TECH, RS232 HID and Generic [Re: lucky]
      #94582 - Fri Jan 23 2009 08:40 PM

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to get this code working with latest PICC-18 compiler and it seems that there have been some changes in the compilers between this version and 8.35 that it works in.

For one, the pic18f4550.h file now includes a couple of typedefs for things like trisabits which conflict with the definitions in the c18topicc.h file. I've cleared those up, the code compiles, but when I load it into PIC FS USB Devkit, it comes up as "USB Device Not Recognised" on the computer.

I'm pretty confident that I've got all the config bit etc setup correctly as I can flash with the supplied hex file and things work fine. There is also quite a difference between the supplied and my hex files. For one, the supplied hex file starts with program code immediately, while mine has a gap between the IVT and the source.

I haven't been following PICs & stuff for a while now so I'm a bit behind. Perhaps someone knows what could be causing the problems?

Thanks in advance...

Spiralgalaxy5
stranger

Reged: Jan 22 2008
Re: Microchip FS USB project on HI-TECH, RS232 HID and Generic [Re: DeonZA]
      #103662 - Fri Mar 27 2009 03:19 AM

Quote:

I've been trying to get this code working with latest PICC-18 compiler and it seems that there have been some changes in the compilers between this version and 8.35 that it works in.

I've just attended a one-day course on using FS USB Demo board (by Microchip) and it was great to play with the prepared demo / lab workshop examples. The "Device framework" offered by Microchip and using their own C18 is now at V2.3 and now has two flavours of USB bootloader firmware included; HID and Custom (HID bootloader takes much less code space). I'm happily using PICC18 PRO 9.63PL2 by HiTech for my own projects - none involving USB yet. I downloaded the zip file mentioned by Lucky and had a look at the files but I haven't tried to compile anything and haven't tried to re-build the lab examples using current HiTech compiler as I suspect it will be a long frustrating process (and I'm a C novice and I don't have the time - yes excuses but that's how it is). So unless someone else picks up the challenge and posts updated HiTech friendly code and user notes that my shrinking brain can handle my FS USB board is going back in its box - or I download an eval copy of C18 - aaaargh nooooo!

I'm wondering whether, now that MCHP own HiTech, some good people at HiTech will do a full port of the latest MCHP USB Device Firmware Framework (huge amount of support there!) so that the projects contained in it can be experimented with and built upon within MPLAB - but using HiTech C compilers instead of C18? Here's hoping!

bss
stranger

Reged: Jun 15 2009
Loc: Portugal
Re: Microchip FS USB project on HI-TECH, RS232 HID and Generic [Re: DeonZA]
      #117142 - Tue Jun 16 2009 08:25 PM

Hi,

I'me stuck with the same problem ... "USB not reconized".
My compiler version is the V9.63PL2

I've used the UVCView.x86 and it tells me that it failed enumeration.

Have you figure this out?

Thanks in advance,

mahn
stranger

Reged: Jul 30 2009
Re: Microchip FS USB project on HI-TECH, RS232 HID and Generic [Re: bss]
      #121972 - Thu Jul 30 2009 03:00 AM

Got it to work with 9.51PL2 std. And no success with 9.63PL1.
it works just like C18 compiled projects.
to make it run i had to turn off all optimizations. i could only leave global 1 (anything higher makes usb unrecognizable:)). and asm optimizations left turned on makes aspic18.exe halt on usbctrltrf.c or usbdrv.c - i don't know.

ps. And there's a strange thing about it - when i change driver to 9.51 from 9.63 there are some troubles with it working - it says the same "usb device not recognized". and starts working after a little dancing with compiler settings and changing driver back and forth and cleaning and even compiling with asm optimization on to make it halt and then kill aspic18 - can't figure what exactly.
pps. found that
*Compiler: Microchip C32 v1.00 or higher
* Microchip C30 v3.01 or higher
* Microchip C18 v3.13 or higher
* HI-TECH PICC-18 STD 9.50PL3 or higher
in some files in latest microchip app libraries - and those files have specific hi-tech defines etc.
but projects do not compile yet. still there's hope
ppps. downloading fresh microchip usb framework - maybe there will be something new

sambyte
stranger

Reged: Aug 19 2010
Re: Microchip FS USB project on HI-TECH, RS232 HID and Generic [Re: Spiralgalaxy5]
      #235732 - Tue Mar 20 2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

I'm wondering whether, now that MCHP own HiTech, some good people at HiTech will do a full port of the latest MCHP USB Device Firmware Framework (huge amount of support there!) so that the projects contained in it can be experimented with and built upon within MPLAB - but using HiTech C compilers instead of C18? Here's hoping!

Same here... It's been a little over 3 years now, is there any such thing now? I'm desperately looking for one too...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  jtemples, Dan Henry, Andrew L, mikerj 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 34596

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy statement HI-TECH Software